Ubuntu One in three easy steps!
1.) “sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntuone/stable“
2.) “sudo apt-get update“
3.) “sudo apt-get install ubuntuone-client ubuntuone-control-panel ubuntuone-client-proxy ubuntuone-control-panel-qt“
That should do it for yah!
Here is a picture of my Laptop running Ubuntu One!
Ok so my bluetooth adapter is a AR9462 WLAN/BT-Combo. It wasn’t picking up any bluetooth devices at all, nor could any device find it. Found out that it was a bug with the ath3k driver, so i found the fix on bugs.launchpad.net. Someone had uploaded a patch to fix the error, and i installed it. IT WORKS NOW!.. woo!
Here is the link to the patch https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1024884/+attachment/3462795/+files/ar9462-dkms_1.4-3.5_all.deb
after you get this .deb file you need to do three commands in the terminal
1.) “sudo dpkg -i ar9462-dkms_1.4-3.5_all.deb” <— this will give you an error that we will fix in the next two steps
2.) “sudo apt-get install linux-headers-3.5.0-21-generic”
3.) “sudo dkms install ar9462/1.4-3.5”
Then restart your computer, and it should be working for you too!
OK so this isn’t as simple as just typing in “sudo apt-get install software-center“. That’s the first step of this walkthrough…but not all of it.
so here we go
1.) “sudo apt-get install software-center”
2.) “sudo cp -r /usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/distro/Ubuntu.py /usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/distro/LinuxMint.py”
Note that if step 2 says “Ubuntu.py” file not found, you must go into “/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/distro” and change the file “ubuntu.py” to “Ubuntu.py” with this command
“sudo mv ubuntu.py Ubuntu.py”
Then try step 2 again.
3.) “gksudo gedit /usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/distro/LinuxMint.py”
4.) we need to edit line 36 from “class Ubuntu(Debian)” to “class LinuxMint(Debian)” then save it.
5.) then we need to edit another file with “gksu gedit /etc/*release” to look like this
Then save the file.
6.) we need to edit this last file like so “gksu gedit /etc/*issue” to look like this “Ubuntu 12.10 \n \l“
7.) we now need to create a xapian apt database, with this command “sudo update-apt-xapian-index”
Thats the main steps of it. I had to “sudo apt-get autoremove software-center” and then re-install it, but you may not have to.
I hope it works for yah! If you have any issues let me know.
So ive been trying to figure out this problem with a LibGL error. It says its failed to load the driver swrast. Ive been trying to load the game “Relics of Annorath”. It seems like when i run the launcher like so “./ROALauncher.sh” without optirun, the game loads fine with the Intel card, but it’s slower than snot. Although i only get the “swrast” error when adding “optirun ./ROALauncher.sh”. I have been looking around for a fix, but most people say it’s a Virtualgl error, or a lib32 bumblebee error. Ive tried all i could, but i think im stuck waiting for a fix.
My console output:
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
AL lib: alcOpenDevice: Option ‘format’ is deprecated, please use ‘channels’ and ‘sample-type’
AL lib: FreeContext: (0xf631e0) Deleting 1 Source(s)
Although i do have two copies of swrast in:
It still wont budge. I will keep a lookout for a solution.
I have noticed while going on my missions in Legends of Aethereus that while the loading screen starts up to load the next area, it will stay on that screen, and not go back to the game. I have found out that Alt Tabbing would make the loading screen go away, and i could continue to keep playing, but the desktop mouse cursor would be shown at the end of the in game cursor, and my controls would be all wonky. I found out that it’s having an issue with cinnamon, and my only way of playing it with no errors was to play it through a different Desktop environment. I just ended up installing LXDE. I love LXDE anyway.
If i do find a solution for the cinnamon issue, i will post it.
I know i had problems with it cutting out ALOT. all i did was disabled ipv6.
pretty easy to do.
1.) click on your wifi icon on the bottom panel, then go to “Network Settings”.
2.) click on the tab that says “wireless” on the left side.
3.) click on the “options…” button in the bottom right corner of the window.
4.) go to the tab that says “IPv6 Settings”
5.) Finally, click on the drop down bar where it says “Method:” and choose Ignore.
then press Save on the bottom of the window, and your good to go.
Ive noticed that i haven’t had any problems since.